Monday, June 27, 2011

Blog # 4

Overall, I feel the lesson, Melissa and I presented on Bones went very well. I think we incorporated a variety of technology tools from: YouTube, e-sheet and the overhead. I think we both did a great job “acting” as if our class was a group of fourth graders. This lesson provided a great amount of feedback from other teachers and I will be using this lesson in my own classroom. One change I would make is using the Corkboard or Microsoft Word for my KWL chart. I would have also given each student a blank Mr. Bones to fill in the vocabulary as I went along to fill on their own paper.

The TPCK encourages teachers to integrate technology in their lessons. As a teacher, I am guilty of using the same type of technology for my lessons. However by using the TPCK and activities I learned in class, I now have new ideas of incorporating technology into my classroom. Some of the ideas, I will use is implementing a web quest, e-sheets and keeping up with my teacher website. This year, I will be teaching science to my fifth grade class and by looking at the TPCK model; it stressed the importance of content knowledge. I need to be aware of the objectives to prepare the lessons I teach to my students. I will be using the TPCK model for further lessons I teach in my classroom.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think TPCK encourages the use of technology so much as it encourages you to think about the technology you may or may not use. For me, the significance of TPCK is that it serves as a reminder that the technology we choose will affect both content and teaching method (and content and method should affect the tools we choose). So it makes us more mindful, conscious teachers.

    I like the idea of adding gradually new tools to your teaching toolkit, and integrating them effectively into your teaching, as you did with your lesson.

    jd

    ReplyDelete